IT Cavalry Saves the Day
Disaster was averted at one of Rochdale’s busiest homeless support centres. The Sanctuary Trust faced meltdown when their server, which contained records of the people it helps and its financial backers, failed. But within 24 hours, despite it being a bank holiday weekend, staff from Glideslope Software retrieved the data, rebuilt the server and had them up and running again.
David Lackner-Smith, director of The Sanctuary Trust, said: “It’s great being able to rely on such prompt service from Glideslope Software, it really gives us peace of mind knowing that our IT support is provided by a team that will go the extra mile.”
John Miller director of Glideslope Software, said: “Many of our client’s are charities and almost all of the record keeping required by funders and statutory agencies has to be provided electronically. So we at Glideslope Software, know how important it is to keep our client’s systems running and we know that they rely on us to do this. That’s why we have now started offering all of our clients bespoke disaster recovery plans. In the case of The Sanctuary Trust their disaster recovery plan enabled us to provide such a fast response.”
Why You Need a Plan!
- 43% of companies experiencing disasters never re-open, and 29% close within two years.
- 93% of companies that lost their data for 10 days or more filed for bankruptcy within one year of the disaster.
- 34% of companies fail to test their backups, and of those that do, 77% have found backup failures.
- 80% of companies have not developed any crisis management to provide IT coverage sufficient to keep the business functioning effectively.
- 40% of companies do not have a team dedicated to disaster recovery.